Kunsang Yeshe Centre
33 – 39 Acacia Street (Narrowneck Rd & Acacia Sts.)
Katoomba, NSW 2780
Lower level, Old Katoomba Golf Club
How to Get Here: Travelling from Sydney
The most popular means of transport to the Blue Mountains is by car. From the city, follow the M4 Motorway, which becomes the Great Western Highway.
Follow the Great Western Highway through Wentworth Falls and Leura, heading towards Katoomba.
• Pass through Katoomba traffic lights at Parke Street and at Albion Street
• Turn next left at Old Bathurst Road
• Turn right into Old Bathurst Road
• Turn next left into Narrow Neck Road
• Continue along Narrowneck Road for about 1.5km to the roundabout at the Acacia St. intersection. Escarpments is on the corner to your left. Turn into the carpark and the gompa is down the path through the garden.
From the west:
- Turn left off the Great Western Highway onto Bathurst Road
- Turn right into Valley Rd. which joins Narrowneck Rd. You will pass the NSW Rural Fire Service depot & Ajurna restaurant.
- Continue along this road as above.
Please note that the upper carpark is reserved for patrons of the upstairs restaurant between 11am and 2pm
: Blue Mountains Line
: Katoomba. Journey time 2 hours from Central.
Possibly the most relaxing way to travel to the Blue Mountains is by Rail. From Central you can board an air-conditioned double decker Mountains train. The journey to the Mountains will most likely stop at Strathfield, Parramatta, Penrith, Emu Plains, and then all stations up the Blue Mountains.
There are also regular trains from Lithgow and less frequently, express from Bathurst.
The walk from Katoomba station to our Centre is a good 50 minute stroll (3.7km) and taxis are readily available from Katoomba railway station. For special events we can often meet a designated train so please contact the Centre if you are coming up by rail.
While You’re Here
In order to create that perfect external environment we ask our visitors to act mindfully:
- act without physically harming any living being – all creatures great & small (mosquito repellent is good)
- take what is freely offered, leave behind what isn’t
- speak with honesty & integrity
- engage lovingly not sexually
- keep body & mind free from substances which affects perceptions
We want you to experience self-discovery and transformation of heart & mind.
There is a great number of accommodation options in the upper Mountains, from backpacker to five star. Despite the abundance it is wise to book well in advance during school holidays and popular local events.
Blue Mountains visitor information:
Blue Mountains Festivals & Events
For even more options, google ‘accommodation in the Blue Mountains’ – there are countless choices to meet every need and budget.