Sat, 6 July, 2019 - Tue, 9 July, 2019
The Way of the Bodhisattva, one of the great classics of Indian Buddhist literature, was composed by the distinguished 8th Century scholar, Master Shantideva. This revered text is widely regarded as the most authentic and comprehensive guide for the spiritual practitioner who is intent on achieving the highest possible goals for themself and others. It provides timeless instruction on how to practice compassion and wisdom in everyday life. Geshe Tenzin Zopa provides his own heart advice on how to follow in the way of the bodhisattva, the being committed to the peaceful and courageous path of full awakening.
While Geshe-la has used this root text here before, each teaching is compete and meaningful on its own, whether you have attended earlier courses or not.
Teacher: Geshe Tenzin Zopa holds the Geshe degree from Sera Je Monastic University, South India having completed the 20 year monastic curriculum in just 17 years. Geshe-la is a regular and eagerly anticipated visitor to our Centre. He teaches clearly and directly in English, drawing on his extensive knowledge and his insight into the needs of Western students to present the Dharma in an accessible way. More…
Text: The Way of the Bodhisattva (Bodhicharyavatara)
– Translated by Padmakara Translation Group, ebook or paperback
– Translated by Vesna A. Wallace and B. Alan Wallace, ebook or paperback
– Translated by Stephen Bachelor, free PDF download
Schedule: full retreat schedule will be available for download shortly. (Note that registration opens at 4:30pm Friday the 5th of July so that residents can settle in that evening.) The residential program includes guided discussion and reflection sessions to clarify and consolidate each day’s learning.
Contribution to retreat costs:
– full residential retreat, including all meals and accommodation, $400($360 members & concession).
– full retreat, non-residential, includes lunch & refreshments $260 ($220 members & concession)
– single day, includes lunch & refreshments, $70 ($65 members & concession)